Craving pakoras and parathas but scared to gain weight? Well, we have you covered with these amazing keto recipes for your favourite dishes, which will satisfy your hunger yet won’t add extra pounds to your body!
Starting off with sehri, we often tend to stuff ourselves with parathas and eggs and what not, eggs are good but we all know what those parathas can do to us. Replace your regular parathas with this special keto roti
Keto paratha recipe
- 1/5 cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ medium onion (55g), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ¼ ginger paste
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- Mix the vegetables with coriander, ginger and spices
- Mix the chickpea flour and flax seeds
- Add boiling water: start with ¼ cup and work your way up until you have a mixture that can be formed into balls.
- Warm up the coconut oil in a pan, use a tablespoon to scoop small amounts of the batter( you can even use your hands), and place them in the hot oil.
- Fry for about two minutes until golden and crunchy, take them out and stack them on tissues to let it absorb the extra oil.
Philly Cheese steak wraps
Don’t want desi? Try these delicious low carb keto wraps. They are easy to make and will keep you full all day long
- 4 zero carb wraps
- 8 ounces thinly sliced left over steak or deli roast beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper 4
- 1/2 package sliced button mushrooms 4
- 1/2 inch small onion sliced into 1/2 rounds about 1/4 thick
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese 4 oz
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Stand the green bell pepper up on its end and slice off the 4 flat sides, then the bottom. Slice the pepper into thin strips. Slice the onion half into half rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put the butter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Put the onions into the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and stir them around the pan to coat them with the butter. Let them cook for 2 minutes on one side, then stir them around the pan. Add the peppers, mixing thoroughly. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add the steak or roast beef and Worcestershire sauce – off heat, then stir to heat through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.. Remove the Philly steak mixture from the pan.
- Add two wraps to the pan so they reach to the edge and slightly overlap in the center. Add 1/4 of the cheese steak mixture to each wrap and top each with a slice of cheese. Cover with a lid or foil for 1 minute. If the cheese hasn’t melted, drizzle 1 tablespoon of water into the pan and cover to steam for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Fold them over and serve. Repeat the procedure with the other two wraps and remaining ingredients.
Keto cheese pakoras
Who doesn’t love Pakoras? but how about making some healthy pakoras this Ramazan, you all must be thinking “healthy pakoras”?? YES! try this keto pakora recipe now and thank us later.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F
Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk until lightly beaten.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Divide the mixture into 8 sections, roll each section into a ball and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment or a silicone mat.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Fresh date sweet
- Rice flour
- Remove pits from few dates and arrange on a small plate.
- Melt 4/12 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and stir in 3 1/2 tablespoons finely ground rice flour or all-purpose flour.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until the flour turns to light- medium golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in a little freshly ground cardamom.
- Allow to cool slightly, stirring occasionally. While still warm, pour over the dates and allow cooling to room temperature before serving.
- The featured image has Feroze Khan, Tabish Khoji and Mawra Hocane at Nomi Ansari’s annual white iftar party in 2014.