There’s nothing as versatile as fabric and Khaadi offers some of the best selections of unstitched options, all year round. This latest collection is a cut above anything you’ve ever seen before; the prints are modern and fashionable while the ethos is classic. This collection comes in time for the festive season; it will prepare you for Eid ul Azha, dholkis, dinners and even weddings.
What we love most is Khaadi’s unwavering commitment to reviving local craft and recreating tradition and making it relevant to the 21st century. There isn’t a single print in this collection that can’t be taken and tailored for a Bohemian style; the range is so dynamic that it fits into convention as well as contemporary chic. The trick is in the styling; you can take it in any direction you please.
Here are 5 of our favourite pieces from Khaadi’s Classic Unstitched Collection for the season…
1. This garnet outfit plays with the richness of tradition and constructs it in a contemporary, smart way. The churidar is paired with a short shirt and the overall look gives a very 70s vibe. It’s unstitched so of course it also gives you the space to go for a style of your choice.
Key trend: frayed sleeves.
2. Yellow is the must-have colour of the season and this classic floral print keeps this embroidered lawn suit traditional and yet chic. We love the fuss-free knee-length shirt with the straight white trousers and delicate chiffon dupatta.
Key trend: Gold paste printing on the dupatta. At just PKR 4500 this outfit is a steal!
3. Offering a fresh, young palette, this outfit is embroidered in classic phulkari motifs, incorporating unconventional colours to the timeless craft. Again, the styling is kept minimal to highlight the richness of the print and palette.
Key trend: The straight-cut embroidered cream trousers, which can be worn with almost every outfit
4. Every woman must have at least one black option in her wardrobe and nothing speaks of glamour as well as black embroidered chiffon. We love this embroidered black and white chiffon suit, glammed up by the pouf on the sleeves and the tassels on the hemline.
Key trend: The chiffon neckline, which flatters the neckline and collar bone.
5. For women looking for silk, this collection has a small capsule of chamois silk prints with organza dupattas. Ideal for summer dinners, these print take their inspiration from Persia and this is one of favourite, for its delicate summer palette and light and airy feel.
Key trend: The earthy green palette.