In the wake of the #MeToo movement, it is no surprise when you hear of a noteworthy name being linked to sexual assault. As per American news outlets, US prosecutors have launched a probe to determine whether film star Sylvester Stallone is guilty of sexual misconduct.
“A case was presented by the Santa Monica Police Department regarding Sylvester Stallone,” Greg Risling, a spokesman at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office, said on Wednesday. “It is under review by our sex crime task force.”
The case involves a woman who reported last November that the 71-year-old actor, best known for his action movies like Rambo and Rocky, had assaulted her in 1990. Sylvester’s attorney in December told US media when the allegation first surfaced that his client “categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a media outlet to publish the story.”
He had, however, acknowledged that Stallone was in a relationship with the alleged victim while shooting a movie in Israel in 1987 while he was single.
The #MeToo campaign took off last year following sexual assault allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. It has since become a worldwide phenomenon with several celebrities accused of sexual misconduct.