In what has to be the best time for fashion in Pakistan, it’s PFDC Sunsilk Fashion WeekÂ (PSFW) time! Starting April 10, the four-day event held in Lahore is looking at almost 40 shows covering textiles (lawn), high street and high end fashion. Here’s a quick look atÂ the lineup. It isn’t official, as no official announcement has been made yet, but it is pretty concrete if my sources are to be believed. And I think they are.
First the main shows:
1. Mohsin Ali for Libas: potentiallyÂ a fantastic combination.
2. Nickie Nina: regulars and veterens, though one does still wait for another glimpse of the gorgeous first collection they showed at the first PSFW.
3. Sania Maskatiya: I wonder what kind of magic she’ll paint with her prints this time. And I hope she shows innovation in silhouette because she is a trendsetter.
4. Arsalan Iqbal: Essentially menswear and someone who launched his brand at FPW, Arsalan Iqbal has opened a flagship store in Lahore and what better way to cement his ground thanÂ an impressive showing on the countryâ€™s biggest fashion platform. But he will have to impress.
5. Ali Xeeshan: Theatrics and energy galore, AX will definitely entertain as well as impress.Â Finale?
6. Shehla Chatoor:Â We are expecting a full range of luxe, all the way from Karachi
7. Hina Butt: Big time power play with the MPA onboard.
8. Deepak Perwani: Unexpected, but will be great to see Frida flying off to Lahore this time.
9. Muse: a PSFW regular, Muse is a safe bet
10. Elan:Â Khadijah Shah will pull out the stops for Lahoreâ€™s social elite. Finale?
11. Fahad Hussayn: I wonder what dark and sinister theme heâ€™s conjuring up this time.
12. Republic: After his sit out last season (due to an unfortunate accident) Omer Farooqâ€™s return to PSFW is very welcome.
13. Body Focus: Always a winner, expectations remain to be high here.
14. Maria B: A front runner in fashion retail, Maria B is expected to strike a pleasant balance between what works commercially and what pushes the boundary.
15. Nida Azwer: Her white collection at FPW was beautiful; she needs to show another just as gorgeous.
16. Karma: A brand that has fun with fashion, Karma will certainly be worthy of the finale slot it has landed.
17. Rizwan Beyg: His show will undoubtedly be visually delightful but will it be ready for retail? Still havenâ€™t managed to get my hands on last yearâ€™s truck art bags!
18. Zara Shahjehan: Pretty and well constructed, Zara has the capacity to surprise.
19. Khaadi: Pakistanâ€™s biggest fashion brand, Khaadiâ€™s show is as delightful to watch as the stores are pleasurable to shop at.
20. Akif: Super talented, I hope this time heÂ manages to connect the dots with retail.
21. Saira & Shakira: the only debutant in the lineup, Saira & Shakira must have impressed Sehyr Saigol to have been given a golden ticket to show.
22. HSY: the grand finale, expect this one to be grander than ever as HSY celebrates 20 years in the industry.
Additionally, the four day PSFWÂ will feature a showing by New Talent and interestingly, also a PFDC-United Nations collaboration, in which special tunics created by designers will be auctioned for a good cause. Details on arrival, I guess!
Watch this space for the high street and lawn shows tomorrow…