Taher Shah, while others might think you’re out of your mind, I absolutely love everything about your new song ‘Angel’, and let me tell you why:
1. You are encouraging the breaking of gender roles. I love how you’re wearing a tiara on your head but don’t forget to let the world see some chest hair. Feminine, yet manly at the same time. Even the baby isn’t conforming to what society expects of him as a little boy.
2. Your production value has gotten better. I can see the use of drones and smoke machines. Your cast has gotten bigger. From two Taher Shahs (in ‘Eye to Eye’) to a family of three – that is an achievement.
3. You are a trendsetter! Does anyone have the guts to be so confident? Look at you slaying the golf club in your boldly coloured gowns!
4. There is a message in there somewhere. “All humans can be angels.” And wouldn’t the world be such a better place if we all at least tried? You’re encouraging us to be better people.
5. The hilarity of some lyrics is not lost on us. For instance:
“All angels remain quiet, like those flowers that persist silent, but spare their essence always reside jovial”
I have heard the song at least 5 times. On repeat. Thanks for this Taher Shah.